Re: Frame Buffer

Hi!

Jeff Beley (jbeley@astcorp.com):

> I've just upgraded to 2.1.130 and am expirementing the frame buffer that's
> built into the kernel.  I've been able to use the fbset utility to set the
> resolution and such....however X is very fuzzy(for lack of a better
> term)...I read in the documentation that there is a fbdev server for X,
> however I have not been able to locate that X server.  I have an ATI Mach64
> card recognized at bootup.

IIRC debian has no FBDEV server (at least for i386). Either do your own or
get a precompiled one. You might want to check out the framebuffer-HOWTO at
<http://www.tahallah.demon.co.uk/programming/prog.html> it has instructions/
links for both.

Rainer

--
KeyID=58341901 fingerprint=A5 57 04 B3 69 88 A1 FB  78 1D B5 64 E0 BF 72 EB