Re: Toshiba Satellite - X problem

On 09 Dec 1998q, Francois GELIS wrote:

> Francois Gelis
> Laboratoire de physique theorique LAPTH
> BP 110, F-74941 Annecy-le-Vieux Cedex
> email: gelis@lapp.in2p3.fr
>
> On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Anthony Campbell wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to get X to work on my Toshiba Satellite 4000CDT.
> >
> > I've established that the chipset is C&T B69000.
> >
> > This isn't listed in the hamm distribution. Has anyone got X to work on this
> > machine and, if so, could they kindly provide their XF86Config file?
>
> For C & T chips, the server to be used is the SVGA X server. But, I'm not
> sure if this particular C & T chip is supported in the hamm version of
> XFree86 (3.3.2, as far as I know). I've heard somewhere that new C & T
> chips are supported by the 3.3.3 version. Since it has been released two
> weeks ago, I'm not sure if there is .deb package of that yet.
>
> First, you may want to check on
> http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.3/chips.html
>

> Best regards, Francois

I just checked on this site and yes, the 69000 is supported on the later
XFree86. I suppose I shall have to wait for it.

And yet it's said to be similar to the 65555, so that *should* work.   I wonder
why it doesn't.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell  -  running Linux Debian 2.0
acampbell@achc.demon.co.uk  http://www.achc.demon.co.uk

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald