Re: Broken package: dselect can't istall or deinstall a package

Mario Bertrand wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For about a 2 weeks I'm unable to install the wmaker package. Dselect tell me
> that the package is to much broken and that I should deinstall and when I try
> to deinstall I have the message to reinstall the package. Any idea?

	It would help if we saw the exact error messages.  Have you tried dpkg
itself possibly with one or more of the '--force-xxx' options?  Try
purging the current package with 'dpkg --purge --force-depends
[pkgname]', and then immediately installing the new version.

--
Ed C.