Re: Linking Machines

> GNU/Linux wont really make several machines act as one.  Most of the
> clustering capabilities come from the software, which is able to divide
> it's work up and distribute it over several machines.  This is specialized
> (mostly scientific) software that is not going to speed up your
> (for instance) web browsing.

If I were to take this option, what benefits would I notice?  For example,
would I be able to run a single program off of all the machines
simultaneously, thus increasing its speed?  Or would the best I could do
be to run separate programs on separate machines?

> What you can do is run one program on machine A and another on machine B
> (showing them both on the same terminal) and get the benefits of
> multitasking without having one machine take the load of both programs.
> But I'm not sure how effective this will be on those 386's.  The
> memory is a little low.

Unfortunately, the memory is a bit low.  The best machine of the bunch
will be somewhat decent, however.  Anyway, this option sounds interesting.
To do this, would I have to specify which machine to run each program on
every time I run a program?  That could get a little tedious.

Thanks!

--- Sean Mason