Re: A few questions

On Tue, Dec 08, 1998 at 09:51:01PM -0400, Jeff Browning wrote:
> Now that I got X up and running, I got a few questions.
>
> 1. How do I change the color setting from 256 colors to True Color?

look at XFree86(1) man page, i'm not sure on the details but i'm sure
it's there. after quick look, i noticed there's a -bpp flag that sounds
like it's what you want.

> 3. Where can I get netscape and what are the procedures for installing
> it?

from dpkg description of netscape package:
   Netscape Communications Corporation does not allow redistribution of
   their software.  Therefore, this package requires the user to fetch
   the netscape archive separately and place it in the directory pointed
   to by the TMPDIR environment variable (or /tmp if TMPDIR not defined)
   before attempting to install this package.  You can get the linux
   package via anonymous ftp from "ftp.netscape.com" under the
   directory "/pub/communicator".  The archive must be readable and
   owned by root before it can be installed.

> 4. If I'm idle for about 10 minutes, my screen turns black, how do I
> turn that off or start a screen saver?
look at Xserver(1x) man page and search for screen-saver, there's a few
options...