Re: resolve.conf specification

I like your script (I used to something very similar), but I have since
modified mine to use the PPP_IPPARAM feature of later pppd's.  In my
/etc/ppp/peers/ispX file I just add the ipparam option which is passed to
the ip-up/ip-down scripts.  It made my life a bunch esier than trying to
figure out who I called by with IP address I ended up with.

D.L.

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Jameson Burt wrote:
> #!/bin/bash
> # BEGINNING OF /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/dns-mail-news-time_jameson .
> # Some first line like the above is obligatory for run-parts.
> # This files controlling program, /etc/ip-up, sets the following
> # alpha-numberic variables,
> #	PPP_IFACE
> #	PPP_TTY
> #	PPP_SPEED
> #	PPP_LOCAL	#LOCAL IP ADDRESS, NEEDED FOR DYNAMIC PPP
> #	PPP_REMOTE
> #	PPP_IPPARAM
> #
> case "$PPP_REMOTE" in
>           206.239*|206.55*)
> 		###This is my ISP mnsinc.com.
> 		##/bin/cp /etc/named.conf.mnsinc-version              \
<snipage>
>    		# logger "working with mnsinc.com"    \
> 		          #used for debugging this script.
>                ;;
>           198.69.131*)
> 		###This is my ISP pressroom.com.
> 		##/bin/cp /etc/named.conf.pressroom-version   \
<more snipage>
>    		# logger "working with pressroom.com" 		\
> 		                  #used for debugging this script.
> 		;;
>         *)
> 		logger '/etc/ppp/ip-up:  Oh no!  Can not recognize \
> 		     the IP address of the now connected ISP provider.'
> 		;;
> esac
<final snipage>
> --
> Jim Burt, NJ9L,		Fairfax, Virginia, USA
> jameson@mnsinc.com	http://www.mnsinc.com/jameson
> jameson@pressroom.com	(703) 235-5213 ext. 132  (work)

/  David Lutz  ---  lutzd@pobox.com  ---  http://www.pobox.com/~lutzd  \
|  Those of you who think you know everything : KD6GNS   Portland, OR  |
\  are annoying those of us who really do.    : '97 Toyota Tacoma SR5  /