Re: installing linux debian on Toshiba Satellite

I don't know what your issues are, but just taking a stab at it from the
little information you just sent out...

I don't have my hamm box hooked to the 'net either.  My installs (using
dselect) have been comprised of going thru the Packages file to find the
package I want, list the depends information, and download all the software
using my (Win95) browser.  Then I copy this info to a zip drive (or do my hard
drive) and access it using dselect from there.  If you want details on this,
holler... I'll do what I can, but I'm pretty new to this stuff as well.

As for the recent flame war you've started... I'd be a little concerned about
biting the hand that feeds you.  You may not get all the answers you need
immediately, but there ARE ways to get help.  I've seen literally hundreds of
documents - every problem I've run into has been answered in them (except my
old monitor/X problems) - I can't say that for Winblows...   not to mention
the free tech support received here.  Compare that to Winblows pay-for-service
option.  I've used that once, and payed a high-dollar amount to speak to a rep
that new little about Windows other than how to spell it.

My 2 cents.