Re: fetchmail problem

Hello,

> 	I ran the command fetchmail, but nothing happened. I have a simple
> .fetchmailrc in home directory and it worked before...

Just a thought - are you running it from the same account?

> 	I also tried fetchmail -L logfile...
>
> 	and the only line in logfile is:
> 		fetchmail: starting fetchmail 4.3.9 daemon

That sounds like you are running it in daemon mode, in which case nothing
visible is supposed to happen. In that case, it would just be quietly checking
for mail in the background. Check out "DAEMON MODE" in the man page.

This could be provoked by a "-d" or "--daemon" command-line switch (check also
the aliases in your shell), or by an option "set daemon <interval>" in your
.fetchmailrc

While it should still write messages to the logfile, it may be easier to debug
the thing in the foreground where you can see it...

Any of this any help?

Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>