Ports

Hi,
  I don't know a whole lot about computers but I'm going to attempt to
install Debian tomorrow and am going through the checklist.  One of the
questions asked is, "To which port is your mouse connected."  I have an
Aptiva 2137-E24, I looked in the manual and visited the IBM site but
can't seem to find the information I am looking for.  To be honest I
don't know if I am looking for a number or what?  The ports on the back
of my computer just have pictures and colors corresponding to what is to
be plugged in.  I did find the IRQ number was listed in the manual.  Can
anyone help?
Thanks,
Kent