Re: Installation problem from floppies, RAMDISK error, please help me!!!

Are you *sure* it's freezing and not just taking
a long time to decompress that compressed image?

I intalled debian on a 386sx 16mhz (actually an
8mhz running at 16 in "turbo" mode, if that
matters), with 8 meg RAM, and it was extremely
slow.  It did work, though.

Sorry, I don't use that machine any more (it
has become a doorstop), so I can't offer any
advice other than "be patient."

--
David Coe          mailto:dcoe@overlord.com
R & D and Support  +1-410-489-9521