Re: questions

At 05:42 AM 12/8/1998 -0500, Josh Beavers wrote:
>I am planning to install Debian 2.0 and I had a couple of euqquestions.
>1.  I installed a small preview off floppies and it had a SCSI driver still
>in the kernel when I booted pup that I did not want there.  This caused it
>to give a boot up error.  Is there an easy eway to ocorrect this in the
>setup-installation without doing something like recompiling the kernel?

I'm no expert, but I believe the only way to remove the default drivers is
to recompile the kernel. The installation will let you add a few things
(like ethernet driver, etc), but I don't think you can take stuff out.

>2.  Is it too hard to configure Xfree86?  Some hvave hard to configure things
>if you do not know specific things.

Yes, it is too hard. But it's not too hard to accomplish. Worry about
getting a basic system working first, then try getting X working. Basically
three things I would suggest: 1) Install the X-base and dependent packages.
2) Check your /etc/Xserver file to make sure the first line points to the
server (sortta video mode/resolution/driver) you want to run. 3) Run
XF86Setup; if that doesn't work, try xf86config; if that doesn't work,
holler for help on this list.