Re: startx ne marche pas

Olivier Malhomme wrote:
  >J' ai installé Linux. Apparamment tout s'est bien passé. Ma carte video a
  >ete detectee sans problemes.

Do you mean that X setup detected it, or merely that you are seeing
an ordinary text screen?

  >Toutefois, lorsque je tape startx on me repond que le fichier XConfi....86
  >est introuvable.

If you run XF86Setup, it should put XF86Config in /etc.  If you have
not run that, you should do so now.

     "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off; it is better
      for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two
      hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall
      be quenched."                Mark 9:43