Re: 512MB RAM, 860MB swap and out of memory ?

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998 ulisses@pusa.eleinf.uv.es wrote:

> Hi Krupa!
>
> On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Jan Krupa wrote:
>

> > My Debian Linux 2.0 cannot use more than 460MB sawp :(
>
> that's very extrange :-(
You're right. Linux can use my 860MB of swap ( I gave some
applications very big task so they used all of my swap).

It seems that mathematica3.02 under Linux cannot use
more than 460MB of swap :)))).
I do not have access to mathematica3.0 under other platforms
(e.g. solaris, Win95/NT) so I do not know whether it is
limitation of mathematica only under Linux or under
other platforms too.

> I hope this helps,
Thanks.