Re: ml.org

On Sun, 6 Dec 1998, Joey Hess wrote:

> Well ml.org only provided DNS, so anyone in such a situation will still have
> a server with internet connectivity, they just may not have a good hostname
> for it. I'm I'm not sure if your offer makes sense..

They also provided dynamic DNS for people that might have had a system at
home with dynamic IP. There is some software out there that has
www.<somename>.dyn.ml.org as the home page for the program. With the
demise of the dyn-DNS, these hosts will no longer be reachable. I was
simply offering a temporary home until either an alternative dynamic DNS
host can be found or a static address obtained.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!