Re: mouse speed in X

On Fri, Dec 04, 1998 at 11:16:12PM +0100, Daniel Elenius wrote:
> Does anyone know how to change the BASIC mouse speed (not the
> acceleration) in X. The 'xset m' only changes the acceleration and
> threshold, but what I want is a faster non-accelerated mouse
> speed. I've tried 'xset m 4 1' which gives a good speed, but it makes
> the mouse 'jerky', since it moves the pointer 4 pixels at a time.
> Happy for any suggestions...

Note that it is acceleration what you are looking for:
it makes possible to have a good pointing precision
while the pointer moves faster when you want to,
that is if you move the mouse at speed 1 pixel/sec,
the pointer moves at 1 pixel/sec, too, but if you
move it at 2 pixel/sec, the pointer doesn't move,
say, at 2 pixel/sec, but at 4 pixel/sec.

-Michele