Re: where did the help go?

*-Birgit Kellner <kellner@ipc.hiroshima-u.ac.jp>

| Perhaps bizarre question: I installed debian, everything seems to be
| fine, but bash refuses to recognize the commands "man" and "info" and
| just returns "command not found". Any explanation?

Have you installed the packages "man-db" and "info"? They should
give you the commands "man" and "info".

The package "manpages" contains some manpages, but most manpages
and infonodes are provided by the packages for the application they
document.

--
Eschew obfuscation    (go on; look them both up)
                                   (Brian White)