Re: Sending out mails.

Dae Gyu Kim wrote:
  >    Can anyone point what I have done wrong to my smail settings?
  >
  >    I can no longer send mails out of my machine, when using mutt. I can
  >still fetch mails from my mail server. Strangely, Netscape mailer on my
  >machine can fetch and send mails with no problem.

Have you changed smail's settings?

I recently had this problem with sendmail; the symptom was that sendmail
reported a DNS failure when trying to send the mail out of the local
machine.  This was because of a bug in libc6 and upgrading to libc6-2.0.7u-7
fixed it. If you have recently changed libc6 to a slightly lower version
than that, try upgrading it again.

     "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them
      in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the
      Holy Ghost; Teaching them to observe all things
      whatsoever I have commanded you; and, lo, I am with
      you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."
            Matthew 28:19,20