Re: dselect question

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998 WuArMy490@aol.com wrote:

> > When I run dselect do I need the
> > .deb and .tar.gz files or just the
> > .deb files to install the packages I want
> > Im pretty shure You only need the .deb files,
> > most the .tar.gz files include the sources and
> > You will only need them if You plan to compile
> > the sources Yourself, or for interest
>
> Ok I thought so, but when I go into dselect and I choose to install the
> packages from my hard disk and I pick the packages I want then I click install
> it goes
> Skipping package name.deb
> Quitting because too many errors
>
> how do I fix this?

I *think* this happens when dselect can't find the file.

I'm a bit confused. Are you installing from your hard drive or CD or ftp
or what? It sounds like maybe you made a typo, etc when you were in the "0
[A]ccess" option of dselect. But this is more a guess than a definitive
answer.

--
Kent West
kent.west@infotech.acu.edu