Failed attempt to upgrade to slink

Thought I'd get a jump on my planned install of slink and install the
latest apt, only to end up with a broken apt-get. I tried to install
the apt package from slink on my hamm system and it immediately
complained about a libc6 problem. I thought, okay, I'll just go ahead
and let my old apt-get do it's thing. NOPE! The failed attempt to
install the apt package from slink apparently didn't fail entirely, it
managed to install a new apt-get binary that fails with the message:

apt-get: error in loading shared libraries
libstdc++-libc6.0-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Next I thought I'd try to install libc6 from slink. NOPE! There's NO
libc6 package anywhere in the slink distribution, let alone
main/binary-i386/base where it's supposed to be. I'm at a loss as to
what to do now.

How can I get a functional apt-get?

Where's the libc6 package for slink?

TIA,