Re: Kernel build

Javier Velasco schrieb:
hi javier

 Hi Debian users:
 I am trying to build a custom kernel based on hamm. Basically I am trying to generate a new kernel with Initio scsi card support, for Pentium processor and only the basic modules I need at home (no more scsi drivers, a few filesystems etc). My problem is that when "make zImage" gets to compile the files under ...arch/i386/boot it gest stuck because it is missing as86. I have looked around the 3 CD of the official hamm distribution but couldn´t find it. I also tried to assemble the files with as, but with no success. I will appreciate any help. Thanx in advance.

you have to install (besides the kernel-sources-package):
the kernel-package
bin86 (herein is the as86)-16-bit assembler and loader
--
    Peter Rabenecker
 prabenec@ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de

   one night is all that stands between them and freedom-
   but it's going to be one hell of a night