Adding menu items in WindowMaker

I'd like to add a new submenu to the WindowMaker main pop-up menu
called "RemoteHosts" and each item in that menu would be of the form:

xterm -e ssh <remote host>

It took me a while, but I figured out how to do this the Debian
Way(TM) under fvwm2 by using the ~/.fvwm2/main-menu.hook file. I can't
for the life of me figure out how to do the same thing under
WindowMaker. I could surely just copy /etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.hook
to ~/GNUStep/Defaults/WMRootMenu and modify that, but there's got to
be a more elegant way to do it under Debian?

Thanks,
Gary