Re: About cdrom

On Sun, Nov 29, 1998 at 12:05:24AM -0500, WuArMy490@aol.com wrote:
> Is debian supposed to have a /dev/cdrom
> Because when I install debian I do
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /cdrom and I get
> /dev/cdrom file or Dir not found
> I thought you can only mount a cdrom drive with /dev/cdrom

Your CD-ROM drive is probably hdc (for IDE) or scd0 (for SCSI) or
something. It's not /dev/cdrom unless you make a symbolink link
from the real device (eg /dev/hdc or /dev/scd0) to /dev/cdrom.
Debian doesn't care what your CD-ROM device is called, as long as it
exists in /dev and is the correct device file.

Hamish