Re: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

Eric Jensen <jenseri@charlie.cns.iit.edu> writes:

> I recently installed Slink on a laptop.  I have the latest versions of all
> the signifigant packages.  When I try to run dselect, groff, or many many
> other things, I get this:
>
> error in loading shared libraries
> /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.0-1.so.2: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
>
> How do I fix this???

You complain to upstream maintainers to fix their packages.  Until
they do, you can use an older version of libc6.

I've put the last one I had at:
http://master.debian.org/~fizbin/libc6_2.0.7u-3.deb

Why did this happen?  Well, there were a few versions of libc6 which
got out which were broken.  The way they were broken meant that
programs compiled with them (not C, just C++, pascal, and anything
else using certain egcs compilers, as opposed to gcc stuff) couldn't
be run anywhere else - they all had this weird dependency on this odd
symbol.

Now, once libc6 is fixed, we have this scenario.

In any case, downgrade libc6 until all of your other packages have
been upgraded and this stupid libc6 inconsistency is fixed.