RE: netscape woes

> > 	Not so!  Mozilla may not be the wonderful GPL'd program I would like
it
> > to be, but it's still free.
> >
> > 	Unless you consider that Mozilla isn't quite from Netscape...
> >

> So what happens when AOL decides not to support Mozilla any further?

	The joke about Mozilla not being quite from
Netscape^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HAOL is that Mozilla is the name of the strictly
free version of Netscape, which, if still copyrighted by Netscape, is
worked on by everyone.  And as the license is free, even if it's
copyrighted by Netscape it is available for everyone.

	If AOL stops supporting Mozilla, it was already released under
a free software license.  So we (the free software community) take
over the development, and that's it.

	Once something has been released, everyone who obtained that
thing legally still abide by the original license.  No one can
impose on you modifications on the license terms you have already
obtained. So the software is free forever.

Leandro Guimaraens Faria Corcete Dutra
Amdocs Brasil Ltda