Re: Automatizing installation on several machines

Jiri Baum <jiri@baum.com.au> writes:

> Actually, chmod o=x is probably sensible anyway because then when users do a
> chmod +r some-file, it *will* be readable, which is probably what people
> expect when they do a chmod +r.

Most of my users will not have any Unix knowledge at all, so this
won't be a serious problem (but it could bring other problems of
course). I don't think I will allow them to have personal web pages in
the near future anyway.

But since I'm not very experienced with networking my problem is: how
to install the /home directories on the server (any user should be
able to work on every machine which is available, so I think it
would be the best way to export the user directories with NFS).

Greetings,
joachim