Re: Getting Rid of Debian/Linux

Hi!

David McDonald (davemac@secmail.com.au):
> On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, Austanners Wet Blue Pty Ltd wrote:
>
> > I have a requirement to remove Debian from one of our workstations and
> > re-install DOS/Windows (Horror!)

> Just boot from your DOS installation disks, run the FDISK program (I can't
> recall if it will do this automatically or not - you may have to exit to
> the DOS prompt with the F3 key (again, that's the way I remember it, not
> necessarily the way it is).

Note: DoS won't delete logical non-DoS partitions. You need to use something
else to delete them. For example you could use "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda
count=1" to nuke ALL partitions on /dev/hda or simply use Linux's fdisk to
delete those parts (or change their type to a DoS one)

Rainer

--
KeyID=58341901 fingerprint=A5 57 04 B3 69 88 A1 FB  78 1D B5 64 E0 BF 72 EB