Re: Hello World doesn't work

On Sat, 28 Nov 1998, M.C. Vernon wrote:

> int main(void) is also correct, and until ANSI C90 comes out, main() will
> do.

You're right, I'm a dork, or at least my memory is foggy :-)

> > then return something from main, or call exit().
> >
> > maybe the lack of a return or exit call from main prevents the io buffers
> > from getting flushed?
>
> the lack of <stdio.h> is probably more important...

That should only affect compilation; it should theoretically make no
difference at all at runtime, C pretty much treats all functions the same
(function prototypes are not strictly required...).

Ole's fflush(stdout) suggestion will test the io buffers theory...

Havoc