lj5P and remote printing problem

I cannot get my local printer laserjet5P to print.
I have installed magicfilter and I chose lj4lp filter
and it does not work I mean that the command
'lpr foo.ps' prints strange code
(e.g.:roun exch round exch...
F000FC14...)

Which filter should I choose?

Also I have a postricpt  printer HP Laserjet 4MP.
How can I set up it ? I mean is there an
obvious printcap entry for such printer or
is there some tool for automatic generating printcap
for postscript printer or should I create
it manually studying printcap manual?

Another question I have a printer working
on remote Linux machine.
Is there a tool for automatic generation
of printcap for such printer ?

Say I have printcap entry for remote printer:

lp0:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp0:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :rm=mel222.sggw.waw.pl:\
        :rp=lpd:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp0/filter:

How can use it for printing ? (I am not sure whether the
printcap entry is proper).

lpr foo.ps ...?

Thanks in advance

Jan Krupa

Please send the answer to krupa@alpha.sggw.waw.pl
because the mailing list is too busy for me
so I could miss the answer.