Re: Me too! Help please: Re:libstdc++.so.2.8 error

Ed Cogburn wrote:
> Paul Miller wrote:
> >
> > I upgraded a libc package, and now I'm getting the following error when I
> > run many programs.
> >
> > /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.2.8: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
> >  already running.
> >
> > What is wrong?
> >
> > -Paul
>

> 	You aren't alone.  This happened to me during a dselect upgrade that
> included libc6.  Dselect itself now can't run because of this.  Hope
> somebody can help.

This is becoming a FAQ.
You need the newest version of libstdc++, 2.91.59-1.
If you are using the dpkg from unstable, you need to downgrade it to 1.4.0.31.

For convenience, I've tarred up all the needed files:
libstdc++2.9-dev_2.91.59-1_i386.deb
libstdc++2.9_2.91.59-1_i386.deb
dpkg_1.4.0.31.deb
apt_0.1.9.deb

and posted them at http://blevins.simplenet.com/foobar/

Download them and install them with dpkg.  Then put a hold on your dpkg to
keep it from getting upgraded (until a fixed one is on the mirrors).

Hope this helps,
-Mitch