Re: ascd

Yes, my CD-ROM is attached to my sound card and I know that connection is
good because I can play CDs in winbloze.  As far as the mixer goes, I'm
not sure.  According to xmix, I have my volume for the CD player turned up
and all other outputs too.  When I read the manpage on xmix, it says to
also see mixer(1), yet I do not seem to have a manpage for mixer.  In
fact, I use Afterstep as my window manager and I have asmixer installed,
but I can't find it anywhere on my system.  The mixer could be the
problem, but I can't find out since I can't ever get it to load.  Any
suggestions?