Re: Mail Question

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Shao Ying Zhang wrote:

   Hi all,
   	I want to put a couple of lines in ip-up, so that everytime my
   ppp is on, it will automatically contact my mail server, send out
   my username and passwd, retrieve all the mails from the server, and
   append them to my local INBOX(.incoming-mail).

   	Could anyone please teach me how to do this??

Though I have not had the need to use it myself, I believe the package
'fetchmail' will do the trick.  Others have used it with good success.

Cheers,
Dennis
--
Dennis Kelly <dpk@egr.msu.edu>