new SLINK build question

Can anyone in Debian land tell me why the new 2.1.0 build in all
directories has base system disks that are 1.22 and 1.44 Mb compliant,
but has rescue disks that are 1.78Mb ???

I've never even _heard_ of a 1.78Mb floppy disk until now.

Not only that, but after doing a search in some hardware catalogs, I
can't even find a drive that is capable of formatting/reading/writing a
1.78Mb floppy.

Is there some trick to this that I am unaware of?

Is this a special rescue disk that you can only use if you have a
special Debian floppy drive?

- BOHICA