Re: Ifconfig

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998, Amanda Shuler wrote:

 : I have a question about ifconfig.
 : I have a machine that I am trying to configure to put onto a local
 : network.
 : I'm an assigning it IP address 192.168.76.76
 : I type:
 : 	ifconfig eth0 192.168.76.76
 :
 : then I check it with ifconfig and everything is correct.  I reboot the
 : machine, and recheck ifconfig -- it's wrong.  It resets the IP address to
 : 192.168.1.1 everytime!
 :
 : Currently, I do not have this machine physically hooked up to the network,
 : because I was just doing the configuration and I didn't want to knock
 : another (very important) machine off the network.  If the ethernet card is
 : not actually hooked up to the network, will that cause this "reset" to
 : happen upon every boot?
 :
 : How do I get it to stay at 192.168.76.76?

Cool; the same question twice.

Edit /etc/init.d/network

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD