Re: Adjust the pop up menus in Aferstep.

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:32:46 PST, Bret Craw wrote:
> I have added Afterstep as a window manager.  When Debian installed, in the
> popup menu, it gives a choice of windows managers in X.  After installing
> Afterstep, and adding it to the xinitrc file, it is the default.  I would
> like to add it to the menus so that I can switch between WMs when I get
> bored.  Where do I go to alter the characteristics of the pop up menu for
> the WMs?

Theoretically you can copy /usr/doc/menu/examples/afterstep to
/etc/menus/ and as root run update-menus, but I get reliable core
dumps, so I adapted a menu from another wm and put it in /etc/menus/
and as root ran update-menus.

-------------/etc/menu/AFTERSTEP----------------

?package(afterstep):needs=wm \
	section="WindowManagers" title="AfterStep" \
	command="/usr/X11R6/bin/afterstep"

Has anyone else noticed that Midnight Commander menu entry doesn't work
in afterstep and blackbox wm menus unless there is no space between the
two words in the /usr/lib/menu/mc title "Midnight Commander"? (I'm
saying that if you take the space out or fill it up with anthing other
than whitespace, the menu entry works in afterstep and blackbox,
otherwise it doesn't, other wm's don't mind).  I've already tried
adding the -u option to the mc command and parenthesizing it, and that
didn't work.
--
David
                                               dstern@u.washington.edu