Re: file permissions: setting like another file

Hello,

> I LOOK FOR A COMMAND THAT SETS THE PERMISSIONS OF ONE FILE LIKE THE PERMISSIONS
> OF ANOTHER FILE.

Oh please don't shout.

> This is analogous to the touch command that sets the timestamps of one file
> like another file,
>     touch -r file-template  file-target

OK, I did apropos mode, and kpsestat seems to do the missing bit of
functionality. The command you want is (note the backticks):

  chmod `kpsestat = file-template` file-target

Then I checked what package it's in, and stopped being surprised that you
didn't find it.

kpsestat is in tetex-bin

HTH

Jiri <jiri@baum.com.au>