Re: How to start program in cron script?

news.spiegl@kascada.com (Andy Spiegl) writes:

> >     0 8 * * * /usr/local/bin/myprogram 2>&1 | /usr/bin/logger -i -t myprogram
> > >/dev/null 2>&1 &

> That's a nice alternative, but I found that logger doesn't quit after
> myprogram is done.  What am I overlooking now?

The only thing that comes to mind is that myprogram starts something,
and logger won't exit until there's nothing left writing to _it_.

"Is there anyone who actually believes that USAicans are so modest or
intellectually honest as to be unable to find someone to sue?" - Cameron Laird