Re: isapnptools

On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, James Dietrich wrote:

> Now I know that winmodems are generally a hopeless case, but
> is this still true if pnpdump detects it?  Any other ideas
> on how to configure it?

The problem with winmodems is that some of the features that are normally
handled in the hardware are done by software instead. Unless you can write
this software yourself, you're out of luck. isapnp will still detect the
card, but without the software/drivers, which are only available for
windows, linux (or any other non-windows OS) won't be able to use it.

Greg Starkes, Computing & Communications, Memorial University of Newfoundland.
e-mail: gstarkes@morgan.ucs.mun.ca        www: http://www.cs.mun.ca/~gstarkes/

    "You can twist perceptions, reality won't budge."
    				-Neil Peart, Rush, in "Show Don't Tell"