Re: Advice on Hardware

:	The current stable linux kernels don't have support for PnP.  There is
:a package called 'isapnptools' that can initialize PnP cards, but only
:on ISA bus cards; yours is a PCI card.  Before giving up, try checking
:your computer's BIOS program.  It may be able to initialize PnP cards at
:bootup by itself.  My BIOS (AMI) has this feature (which saves me much
:grief).

I haven't had any problems getting isapnp to see my PCI sound card...of
course, I can't quite tell if the sound module or isapnp is making it
work, but whatever it is, it does a great job :) I have AMI BIOS as well,
I'm not sure what specific feature it is that initializes sound card, but
don't set the BIOS to think that the OS is PnP compliant or whatever,
because as soon as I did that, nothing worked :(

---
Every program is part of another program, and rarely fits.

D'jinnie/Jinn, encountered on IRC and select MU**. (jinn@irony.org)
finger jinn@irony.org for PGP public key