Re: Stable 2.1.x Kernel?

bluehell@gmx.net writes:

> Which development kernel is considered stable enough to use in a
> productive machine? I need the video4linux-support in it!

You're asking a question that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  Which
development kernel is stable?  By definition, none.

Now for the useful answer.  I've had good luck with 2.1.104 and 2.1.125.
I'd stay away from 2.1.126,127, and 128.  On the linux kernel mailing list,
the jury is still out 2.1.129.  Linus seems to think that it's _very_ close
to being 2.2, but some people have had problems with it.

Hope this info is useful to you.

Later,
	Dale
--
| Dale E. Martin |  Clifton Labs, Inc.  |  Senior Computer Engineer    |