backup and additional HD-space in one device?

Hi,

as my HD-space is shrinking, and I don't have any
means backup till now, I thought if it was possible
(and recommended) to get something that might be
used for backup and additional HD-space. Maybe a
Zip-Drive? One of those LS-120 drives?
What do you think?

P.S.: O' course it's a must do that it works under
Linux, and for the time being it would be nice if
it worked under Windoze, too, but that's not at all
required.

Thanks in advance,

Ingo

---
Ingo Hohmann, Otto-Speckter-Str.17b, D-22307 Hamburg, Germany
Tel/Fax: + 49 40 / 69 79 24 80    eMail: ingo.hohmann@usa.net