Re: where'd my cd go?

> Hi!

hello :)

Rainer wrote,

> > cooperate under drdos, either, though I have no idea whether my drdos=20
> > installationis in good shape or not.  I think i tampered with the silly=
> > config files several times.

> Uhhm, neither DRDOS nor Linux read any CD? Maybe the drive got broken?

swell.  It's a month old, but bought on the other side of the country.
I figured for $10 after rebates, it might be worth having.  APpparently
not :)

> looks familiar. One of my dying drives spits this out, too.

hmm, i hope i kept warranty stuff for it

>block major 11 is for SCSI SCSI cdroms. Are trying to mount /dev/scdX ?

there's a scsi driver, but supposedly no automount.  Maybe it's left
from the compile; i left support for parallel zip's around since i
sometimes borrow one . . .

> That's appletalk - unrelated. see /etc/conf.modules on how to avoid this
> message.

appletalk???  I *know* i've never been configured for that . . . hey,
wait, I thought that conf.modules was a slink thing; this system is
supposedly hamm . . . yep, there it is.  thanks