Compressed epsfigures (LaTeX)

Hello everyone,
	I would like to store postscript images (ps,eps) in compressed
form and have them decompressed for use during my LaTeX run. I have to
date been unable to figure out if this can be done and if so, how to do
it.
	Please if anyone can and would be of assistance in this matter,
could you extend the favour to me.

	Regards

PS Just as an accademic question, can the same thing be done with the
LaTeX (.tex) files also?

---
Jonathan Lawson
Thermal Processes Unit
Department of Applied Energy and Optical Diagnostics
School of Mechanical Engineering,
Cranfield  University,
Cranfield, Bedford. UK.
email j.lawson@cranfield.ac.uk

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings,
	that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good,
		that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion,
			Thy God reigneth!

									Isaiah 52:7