Re: Help with booting NT

On Thu, 19 Nov 1998, Daniel Mashao wrote:

> I used to boot NT but now I cannot after playing with upgrading my system.
> I need NT to use SAP R/3 (the only thing I still need from Bill Gates :))
>
> Unfortunately the file /boot/any_d.b was erased. How it was erased I do
> not know, but all I know is I need that file to be able to boot NT. This
> is how my old lilo.conf used to be:
>
> other = /dev/sda1
>   loader = /boot/any_d.b
>   table = /dev/sda
>   label = nt
>
> Now when I run lilo it complains that any_d.b does not exist which is
> true. But it used to exist. Any help appreciated.
Sorry to answer myself. The changes in the new lilo are documented
somewhere in an obscure part of the world. any_d.b changes to
  map-drive = 0x80
        to = 0x81
  map-drive = 0x81
        to = 0x80
Lilo just says the file does not exist and it does not give an indicative
error message. Otherwise it works like charm and thanks to the many guys
who have done a great job with Linux.

Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                          daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	            http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa         (w) 27+21+650 2816  (h) 27+21+705 8469