Re: SB Vibra PnP Sound Card

Vincent Murphy <murphyv@wisdom.ucc.ie> writes:

> I would like to be able to use my Creative Labs ViBRA PnP Sound Card with
> hamm. How do I use isapnptools to install it? Redhat 5.0 detected it first
> time last year.

You should:

1 install the isapnptools package,
2 run the pnpdump command  and save its output in the
  /etc/isapnp.conf, ie
  $ pnpdump >/etc/isapnp.conf

3 uncomment some of the lines in that file (I've included the one I
  use) as an example

4 try the parameters you have chosen by running
  $ isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf

4 load the sound module with the very same parameter values (irq, ...)
  you've selected in /etc/isapnp.conf.  Alternatively you may also try
  to compile the sound support in the kernel with those values.

  I compiled the sound support as a module for kernel 2.1.127 and I've
  added  with the following lines in /etc/conf.modules:

   alias sound sb
   options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x0330
   options opl3 io=0x388

  and the sound modules are automatically loaded whenever they are
  needed. I'm no longer using the kernel 2.0 series but setting the sound
  module parameter should be something like:

  options sound io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma1=5 mpu_io=0x0330

I hope this help,

Chris

--
Looking for a cutting edge           | Christophe Broult
software validation technology?      | <mailto:broult@info.unicaen.fr>