Re: How to manually install minimal system

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Kent West wrote:

> I've spent the last couple of days searching the web for this, but no
> luck.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find info to manually build a linux system
> (software, not hw) from scratch? I want to do this for the learning, not
> for usability.

Actually, that's not true. I want to eventually have a usable system, but
I want to build it myself, not let an install script do it for me. As part
of this process I'll also become somewhat familiar with compiling programs
and setting them up manually instead of using .deb files and dselect/apt,
etc.

--
Kent West
kent.west@infotech.acu.edu