AMD K6-2 kernel compile ?

>Hi group readers,
>
>I was wondering what CPU I should select for compiling >the kernel. I
>have a
>AMD K6-2 300MHz. Should I compile for a regular >pentium, or do the
newer
>kernels have K6 as a selectable CPU ?

The K6 should work fine on a kernel compiled as pentium Pro.  This
implies the level of pipelining for instruction ordering.

>Wowie, just a bit of time and my PC won't have any >Intel, nor
Microshit
>on
>it. ;-)))
I don't think we should consider Intel as being a 'Bad-Guy'.  Intel is
now supporting Linux, they want their cpu's to run other OS's besides
those from MS.  Some time ago it appears that MS was blackmailing
Intel not to support other software or they would shift to Motorola
(or something).  Now Intel is telling MS where to go.  I personally
think that MS OS has it's place.  For many ap's MS is the right
choice.  BUT .... WE MUST  HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE!  (My computer is
dual boot to run those apps that currently only run under Dos or
Windows.  And the list of such apps is getting smaller)  My computer
runs a K6-233.  Because it cost less than an equal with an Intel cpu.
But if the price were right, I'd go with the P2.  (Actually I'd like
to find an Alpha cheap so I can move to 64 bits.)