Re: ssh and X11 question: tcp_wrappers?

> Hi, when I ssh to another sshd machine, I can't forward X11
> connections back to the machine where I am logged into the console. I
> always get the following error message:

this means (surprise, surprise) that tcp_wrappers is denying the forwarded
x session.  what i do is restrict ssh via tcp_wrappers and then add this
line (using the logic that if they can ssh to my box and log in i'm happy
for them to forward x sessions back to their box).

in your hosts.allow file you need to add this line (on the box you are
ssh'd *into*) if you are using tcp_wrappers in advanced mode:

sshdfwd-X11: ALL : ALLOW

or if you are in normal mode (standard debian i believe):

sshdfwd-X11: ALL@ALL

adam.

 4050 Lake Otis Pkwy	   Adam  Shand	     (v) +1 907 562 4636
 Anchorage, AK 99508     Technical  Lead     (f) +1 907 562 4807

    "Computers are useless.  They can only give you answers."
			- Pablo Picasso -