Re: Multiple IP addresses on one Machine

On Tue, Nov 10, 1998 at 02:58:21PM -0500, Collin Rose wrote:
> I am trying to setup Multiple IP addresses on one Machine. CAn anyone tell
> me how to do this? I.e. Apache will bind to one IP and the server itself
> uses another.

You can use IP aliasing to do that.  You need to have it enabled in the
kernel, and then you can use ifconfig to create a new "alias."  If your
network is eth0, you can create aliases like eth0:0, eth0:1, etc.

Then you need to change the Apache configuration to bind to the address
you want.

Regards,

Jeff