Re: VAIO notebooks

> is someone successfully running Debian on one of Sony's VAIO-series
> notebooks?
> I am thinking about getting one ...

I tried and failed about a year ago.  Couldn't get X running.  But if
they use the NeoMagic chipset that problem should have been fixed, as
the information necessary to write the drivers has since been
released.

My overall impression of the Sonys, though, was that they'd done too
much proprietary/cute Windoze-specific stuff.  A more generic laptop
is happier with Linux.

--Eric House

|            from the desktop of: Eric House, fixin@peak.org              |
|    "The instructions said 'Win98 or better' -- so I installed Linux"    |