Re: Help, with Debian 2.0 install from CD-ROM not part of HDD card

It looks like your cdrom is one of the early ones that runs off a propitary
interface and reqires a special driver.  Later cdroms run off the ide
controller and use a common driver, regardless of brand.

Later drives are recognized automatically by Debian, yours will require just
a little more work.

As root, run modconf.  Go to the cdrom modules and choose a module to install.

Mike